Samsung's professional displays that run the Tizen operating system can also be used to display your Playr content on with our custom app. The nice thing about these displays is that they have an integrated playback device. The drawback is that there are some limitation to what they can play (see below).
This only works on Samsung professional displays: not consumer-grade smart TVs.
To setup the display to run your Playr channel, all you need to do is install the Playr app for Tizen. Follow these steps:
- On the remote control press the Home button
- Select URL Launcher settings
- In the Install Web App field fill in
https://bpeuw1.s3.amazonaws.com/support/tizen/portrait if you're mounting the screens in portait mode)
- Confirm the input and go back to where you selected URL Launcher settings
- Launch the app (signageoslandscape or signageosportrait) by clicking URL Launcher in the bottom left corner
- The app will now start and take you to the registration page through which you can register your playback device. Follow the steps mentioned on the screen; this is also described here.
Some display models require the web address to end with
/, so if any of the web addresses above don't work, please try
- Don't use the built-in webbrowser to play your channel with, since that doesn't always work well
- If the app installed through the URL Launcher does not automatically start when the screen is turned on, be sure to check that:
- in the System settings (which you can access by clicking the Menu button on your remote):
- the option Play via is set to URL Launcher
- the option Auto Source Switching is set to Off
- in the Home menu, if there is an "on timer" (in the On/Off timer section):
- the Source for each "on timer" is set to URL Launcher
- You can always reset all the screen's settings, by going to the Support settings and selecting Reset all. After this you only need to reinstall the app as described above.
Due to the limitations of the Tizen platform, there are a few things to keep in mind when creating content for these displays:
- You can play a maximum of 1 self-uploaded video in your channel. If you choose to do this, you cannot play YouTube or Vimeo videos in your channel.
- You can only put one video on a page
- There is not an exact maximum of the number of YouTube and Vimeo videos that you can play, but we recommend not using more than 3.
- Don't use 4K videos.
- You cannot combine background music with videos.
Through the app platform, remote management functionality is available at a small additional cost per screen. Please contact us for more details if you require this.